View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Four Flysurfers up today at East Beach. I think that is a record for sure.

Everyone ripping on them in light wind. What a blast and a great way to take advantage of marginal winds.

Some observations:

Speed 2 19M: Stupid crazy powerful. No joke.....10-12 knots and completely lit on a 131cm board

Speed 3 19M: Considerably faster turning than Speed 2, but not as much raw power.
Speed 3 15M: Fastest turning of all the kites and a very light and responsive feel.

There was a 12M Speed 2 on deck, but just not enough wind today to get that out and play.

Looking forward to getting a little more powered on the smaller kites to see how they compare to the SLE kites.

No question these kites kill it in lighter wind and brings a whole new technique of riding to learn. The Speed 2 when I first put it up had a ground wind speed of 6-9 and I was powered up on a 131cm board. That was an eye opener for sure. I think with some time I could start to work on some of the basic wake style tricks that I would normally work on in 15knts with a 12M SLE.

Thanks to all for making a marginal day into something fun and interesting. Its always a blast to try new gear.