Thread: Rules
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboarding Tampa Bay View Post
My not-so candy coated opinion-
If you cant perform a basic skills test ,you shouldn't be on the water.(basically Level 2 in IKO or PASA) which includes:
correct kite setup/ launch selection
safety leash rigged properly (with QR)
launch/land properly (with hand signals)
board retrieval (body drag)
self rescue

This should be taught in the FIRST 3 hour water lesson, if you didn't get this in your lesson, you were ripped off. Call your instructor and have them finish their lesson (free) or give you a refund. After all, if everyone took (or taught) a complete lesson, there would be no problem. Forget about riding the board and learn the basics....

I offer the above mentioned skills observation for 25 bux, which certifies your skill level. You are then eligible to purchase IKO isurance for 89.00, of which 8.90 goes to your local association (when you use affiliation code i3481).

Harness tags- already working in Australia and New South Wales, comes with a numbered membership card. IKO insurance is also a part of their membership package. I have new policy details from Lloyds'.

There's a serious need for more instructors this upcoming season, if you would like to obtain IKO certification as an assistant or instructor, please let me know ASAP. Instructors insurance is finally affordable- no more excuses for uncertified/uninsured instructors on our beaches.

Sunset Beach is a very tight launch area, you guys should be drift launching well away from shore and swimmers on busy days. We also need established riding areas for kiters and windsurfers before the start of the season.

Steve Sadler

I don't think i've really ever seen any riders out at sunset when it's real busy....It's gets pretty packed out there on the weekends.

Thanks for the info about the skills observations....I'll be looking you once once i've had my lessons.