Thread: 2008 Waroos
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Skyway Scott

Are we really going to do this, again?

My gripe isn't about the money issue, anyway.
If someone doesn't care or is too lazy to comparison shop, that's their problem and they can part with their money. What do I care?

My gripe is about a local shop guy claiming the Waroos are inferior kites and that he wouldn't ever teach again, if it were on waroos. In addition, statements were made that new riders won't progress as quickly on them as on Cabrinhas. What a load of crap. The statements were heavily bias and way off base. They were made in response to a Best thread... basically hijacked. It was a joke.

I still can't help but suspect that not having a Best account heavily tainted your statements against Best, Steve. If not, only ignorance is to blame.

The Best thread got real ugly and I wish I could learn to control my responses to bias and misinformation better. I am trying. I got pissed and apologize for the "tone" I had. I don't apologize for standing up to bias and misinformation.

To show that it is hardly personal or aimed at WSW, but more aimed toward the ridiculousness of the statements, here is a thread from KF.
I would focus solely on what ToastSyn and myself say.
At the time, Toast worked for EXTREME KITES and is still an EK rider.

Toast posts on page 1 and then page 3 (skip 2). Then I respond. It got heated. I am not proud of it, but it proves it's not about you Steve.
It's not even about me riding the waroo. It's about misinformation and bias.

http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.p...a52247abb27235

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 01-18-2008 at 11:30 AM.