Thread: Kite Lines
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Not so long ago, I would had welcome anyone that can advised me with any safety guidance that I can get. Now a year and a half later since I started my first lesson, I still try to listen to any experience kiters that can offer me any advice. I think this sport is one of which you will never stop learning.

I am from the Fort Pierce area and most of the local kiters are not into posting on this forum. I wished I have had this kind of guidance when I started. Although there were many from the Fort Pierce area that were very helpful at guiding newb to a safer beginning.

This is very helpful to newb because there are so many different type of kites and their own different system of rigging of the kite to the bar. The only one that can help with this issue are all the experience kiters that had gone through this. Experience is the only thing that can help with the feel of every new kite setup. There are so many different combo out there.

For most newb, they do not even know what wind speed would be optimum to even try to launch and try to learn. In the past I had been so frustrated just trying to launch and learn in low wind. Not to mention the danger of not being able to relaunch because of low wind and getting stuck in out the water. That is why you need GOOD GUIDANCE and GOOD SAFETY SYSTEM (like some one that can help you AKA rescue boat ) when you are new and not aware of the danger that you can get yourself into.

Keep up the good work to all the experience kiters who had posted.

THANK TO ALL.