Thread: Kite Lines
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 07:17 AM

Kitesurfing is an extreme sport as you know. So by definition there are inherent risks associated with it. Pushing the "safe bounderies" is something we (kiters) just do.
For example: gandy to skyway w/out boat support, giving lessons w/out boat support, riding w/out a hook knife, learning advanced tricks w/out a helmet, the list is long.
Every kiter I know has done something they could be called out on including myself. Steve-O seems to be very passionate about keeping our access open and our reputation clean. I haven't seen his kind of dedication since "Eagle" strolled our shores. I'm pretty sure ALL of his (Steve-O's) lessons are done with boat support. If Steve-O, Steve Sadler, Randy, or the Triton guys are backed up with too many students and can't get to you soon, consider just hanging out and watching for a session or two.
Introducing yourself on a forum after an "almost" kitemare takes big brass balls...so, your probly gonna be a ripper after one of our qualified LOCAL instuctors gets you pointed in the right direction.
L8r