View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Skyway Scott

Basically -- Ask to speak with Julie (maybe Judy) Cummings, I believe was her name. She is second Big Cheese at SK, was my impression.
Mr. Wilson said he thought a reasonable compromise to propose would be to rig at the most northern part of the park (near the jetties and outside the designated swim zone) Then, once on the water, stay outside the swim buoys. When ready to land your kite, land up near the jetty.
That's the best place to ride is near the jetty. The further south you go, the harder and harder it gets to hold your ground. Also, it's fairly flat and the "waves" are good near the jetty too.
He said this seemed like a reasonable proposal to put by them.
At bare minimum, it shows we are wanting to do the right thing.
I am all for being proactive and talking in a friendly manner to those in charge, first, not after something happens.
It's been my experience that once you show your face and it's a smiling and reasonable one, you are way better off than staying a stranger until a "rule" is made.

Anyway, I know Jim hates to have anything in writing, so these are simply suggestions he made, off the record and in passing. He wasn't in his office, but was out just talking kiting with us, non-formal like .

If you decide to go in and talk with them, I am very confident you would do a great job representing the kiters and getting the skinny on the situation up there for us, Sean.