View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 12:34 PM

Tom's accident wasn't an isolated case either. About 2 months ago I was catching an after-work session in the afternoon/evening and a real nice guy was visiting the area from Michigan and was at East Beach when I got there. I think Colin may have been there that day too, not sure. We were all riding and having a great time but I decided to come in early to pack my gear up as the wind was pretty light and the night before I held the Rangers up after dark and didn't want them to think it was going to be a pattern or anything.

Right about 30 minutes before dark, the guy from Michigan tried to drag back to his board near shore after a fall (much like Tom's situation) and got picked up by a gust, dragged up the beach and across the street and the kite once again stalled just before he hit those mangroves at the entrance to the backside of East Beach. The gusts at East Beach are NO JOKE and I, for one am not gonna fool around with ANY chance that I could be next...at the slightest hint of dangerous winds, my ass is OFF of the water!!!