View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Skyway Scott

No problem. I had a lot done, then it crashed and I had to start over... ughh... lol. I won't make that mistake of not backing up again.

Anyone that would like to submit an article on the site under 'Local Happenings', just let me know. Soon I hope to have it so it is possible for anyone to login to the site and be able to publish to any section using a WYSIWIG editor, pretty much exactly like on a forum. For now, I can easily publish it myself if you give me an email/PM of the article and some pics. The article will show yourself as the author, like here.

My reasoning for wanting as many positive 'articles' of almost any kind on the TBKA site dealing with kiting or kiters is to eventually build a repository to show off the good deeds and unity among the community. I think this could do lots of good for lots of reasons. One is that it might help us know one another and come together more easily. Two, and for me the most pragmatic, is that it can become a place that shows off the positive energy of the local kiting community should we make the news for the "wrong reason". One of the goals of TBKA is to preserve access. Having a positive site that puts faces on our local riders doing good things can only help if we are ever in "trouble" I think. The more we document the positive, the better.

Also for these articles, it doesn't have to be purely kiting related and you don't have to be a member of TBKA to post to the TBKA website. If you ride within 60 miles of the Skyway Bridge, you are part of the local community. It'd be nice to have as many members as possible in TBKA, but this site won't exclude you if you are not a member. That pretty much goes against the idea of building community.
Good stuff is good stuff and the site and the kiting community can benefit from it.
More than 60 miles away... ah.. who cares. Let's post it
Again, one big goal of the site is to have good vibes go up for us and to show others.

I would also like to have a section where anyone that sees us ride and truly enjoyed it, can sign in and say so, if they wish.
How many times have you had a person say they had taken pics of you that day and wanted to send them to you or really enjoyed watching you?
Well if they seem pretty pumped up about seeing you, maybe they will sign in to the "Good vibes" journal and just post that they enjoyed watching you ride. If they took pics, they can upload them on the site.
It's gonna take me a day or two to figure out how to do that, but it can be done.

It might sound cheesy, but in terms of good will and putting on a good face for us, imagine (in a year or so) if we had a page with a hundred or more such postings from onlookers about how they enjoyed watching us ride.
It can't hurt and it might help.

Any ideas about how the website can help our kiting community are more than welcome.