View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Tom Stock

Well, I was in the same situation... my 06 waroos have been good to me BUT they are slow, fluttery, and prone to invert if pushed past the limit. However, they jump well, behave well (ie: don't hindenburg) and are predictable.

I was going to ditch my waroos and move to Era's or the OR Rise, but then I tried the 08 waroo. It's totally NOT the same kite. It's more of a hybrid, doesn't flutter at all, turns ultra fast (or slow depending on how you set the rear bridle) and it jumps to the moon. I rode it once and bought a 9m 08 waroo (even after I swore no more waroos). It also has a different bridle configuration with two pulleys on each bridle and none on the back lines, and the bridles are completely different (more lines, attached in different places). Battens are reduced to one at the trailing edge. It will also complete a kite loop without stalling at 9:00 or 3:00. I talked to Daryl at extreme when I ordered my kite and he's been riding the 9m from 17 and up (and nothing else)... so it's almost a one kite quiver (but not quite).

So before you buy anything, ride a bunch of kites. So far I've liked the Ocean Rodeo Rise, the Royal Era (in size 14+), and the 08 waroo. I've heard the SS rev and the new Eclipse thruster is pretty good also. All of these kites are a huge improvement over the 06 waroo. Also, if Scott bought a waroo you know it's good... he's ridden just about everything (having worked at extreme kites) and was never a big fan of Best kites. So the kite won him over this time. He describes it as a hypertype without the over flying tendancy.

Also, if you get a waroo and don't like it you can return it for a refund within 30 days no questions asked... so you can't really lose.

BTW I'm not brand loyal... I was ready to ditch the waroo until I tried the new one.

Bayflite sells Best kites at good prices, send him a PM if u r interested. Extreme kites is also a good choice, they have a ton of them and you will get them next day no matter what.

Last edited by Tom Stock; 11-25-2007 at 10:13 PM.