View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 05:40 PM

With the meeting set for Saturday, I will not be able to attend due to obligations at the shop. Sat. is a busy day for us.

I think my stance has been clear. I am in support of an identification system. I do want it to be easy and effective. The less red tape the better. I also support the rotation of an instructor watch at East Beach and other spots if needed.

As this week has developed, I want to be clear that I have no preference for Randy teaching at the Skyway. If he feels he can conduct a safe lesson there, which he has hundreds of times, then that is HIS choice. I can respect that. I know Randy has assisted numberous new riders throughout the years at the Skyway regardless of who they were. His heart is always in the right place. It is however my choice not to teach there for my own reasons.

As far as new students returning to the Skyway to ride backside or frontside, that is an interesting debate that may just be that....a debate. I do feel that place can feel very crowded and not leave much room for a new rider to navigate there very well. That issue may not be resolved. All I can do is recommend that any new rider I teach not travel to either side of the Skyway until they are at an intermediate level of riding skill. Those that do so take their chances.

If a system develops that suggests new riders to stay clear of the Skyway area until there skills are up, I definately support that.

Looking forward to how the meeting goes. Wish I could be there.

I have heard Randy does not want any part of this, but as someone in the center of it all, I sincerely hope he will at least listen to all of our concerns.