View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:49 PM
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson View Post
Tom, what if it had been Roy's head instead of his kite? What if Roy's bar had broken and his kite started looping toward the rocks? What then? I guess he would have just "learned a lesson", huh?
Toby if that would have been happening people would have been running. Since that didn't happen it's irrelevant.

Quote:
so I tired to dive it out of the way and then my TOP OF THE LINE TURBO DIESEL inverted and fell out of the sky right onto the rocks
And, based on Roy's description of what happened the kite fell out of the sky onto the rocks WHILE someone else was trying to help him, so how would a rescue have saved the kite? Sounds like the rescue crashed the kite!

Quote:
Just my opinion but I am all about taking 2 minutes to help a bro out. Looks like I am in the minority though.
Everyone helps whenever they can. I can't even tell you how many times I've done the 100 yard sprint.

Besides, I just had a talk with Roy the other day about some people who shouldn't be rescued right away... getting stranded somewhere over and over and over... and eating coconuts that wash up on shore! j/k Sure you can rescue them if you want to, but you'll do it again 15 minutes later.