View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Skyway Scott

I think you are definitely right about the time, John. I think the 15 seconds I guessed at was how long that the episode lasted from when I realized Bill was helpless until it ended. That would be about 2/3rds into it. The whole thing was a kitemare, but only when I realized it was one......
No wonder eyewitness testimony is shaky.

It was bad and only luck (or God) prevailed. I thought I was going to watch a friend die once I realized Bill was totally helpless. I was actually cursing him at first for not releasing and was very pissed he would hold on to his kite despite the circumstances. I then realized he had no choices and was getting dragged by his leash. At that point I was just praying with all my might for the tree to eat his kite. I hate seeing that kind of stuff. That was so long and drawn out that we had enough time to grasp the what ifs. That made it very difficult to watch, and actually emotional, as you said.
Just glad it's over and that Bill is okay. I felt really bad not being able to run. Thankfully you had it covered though.