View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Can't Re-member

The OP wrote:
Quote:
1. a new female kiter being taught by a friend from shore rode right into my students kite causing a serious tangle. She released the whole rig (leash and all) and her kite went up and started looping. Both kites tumbled downwind through the crowd. The only damage done was it ended my lesson, broke one of my lines, and nearly cut my fingers. Never mind the 100+ bucks it cost me, but a wholehearted apology would have been nice.
Kook and Instructor in the same area.

this puzzles me..............................

Question: Is it the Kooks responsibility to know that they are kooky and stop or is it the Instructors responsibility to stop the Kook?

Versus

Should the Instructor avoid areas altogether with Kooks and let other Kiters handle the Kooks?

After all, we are concerned about the students/instructors well-being, aren't we?
Because it seems to me a kook will (usually) not be a kook forever, However there will always be some other kook to take his place. Bank on that. So, should instructors avoid them, or should they confront them?

That is the real question (knowing full well that an instructor has no authority whatsoever over anybody else no matter what)

Just use common sense