View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Tom Stock

How do you untwist lines which are attached to your board? You must use a line buddy or a caribiner to keep your lines in order when you pack up.

I lay my lines out down wind only untwisting the two outside lines, then I attach the kite, but only one side. This way when I walk across the lines to do the other side there is no way the kite can fly... (versus if I had done the front lines first).

Then I do the other side, staying outside the lines the whole time... after that I never, ever, walk through my lines and I avoid walking over them on the beach as much as possible. One good trip on the lines while not paying attention may launch the kite. This protocol is nothing new.. it goes for fishing, climbing, towing, and any other situation where a line is or could be potentially under load... basically stay clear of it and never step over it.

Unfortunately there are usually lines all over the place... because most people don't pack up the bar when they land the kite. To me thats an accident waiting to happen.