View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The results of day 1 of the contest are up. I am glad all the flooding and squally weather in recent days didn't impact getting things going up there.

There are a lot of DNFs particularly during the second race. Wonder what the difficulties were related to, light wind?

A quadcopter photo (?) from Brian Kender of the yacht club

A recap by Patrick from FB:

"Patrick Rynne Quick recap for race fans as everybody is asleep! Awesome day here in Shelter Island! Had great breeze from the W/SW from 7-18 knots. Super puffy and shifty. Racing happened right out in front of Shelter Island YC with tons of Jr. Sailors getting their first looks at kite foil racing. The race course was kept short to maximize action and give spectators a great view. Jon Modica (Cabrinha/Spotz) took double bullets, partly because he is fast and partly because we were easy on him since he's hosting the event and letting us crash at his house! In a 3 way tie for second are Damo LeRoy (Cabrinha/MHL Custom), Brian Kender (Cabrinha/???) and Zack Marks (Cabrinha/Ozone/Sword) who are all on different foils! I'm behind in 5th (Cabrinha/Aguera) but will likely fall due to the blistering speed of Leif Christian Given (Cabrinha/Ozone/Sword) and Jamie Douglas (Cabrinha/Spotz) who both had breakdowns/wraps take them out today. They'll be out for blood tomorrow! Big ups to the junior racers Jacob Olivier and James McGrath who were absolutely shredding! I heard chatter of port tack starts tomorrow out of them! Lots of racing on schedule for tomorrow, stay tuned!"

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 08-16-2014 at 07:15 PM.