View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
Rick,
I read the article in the New Times and found it pretty balanced. I do know that there are errors in the article but that’s only because of what learned from your site over the last two years. From what I read, I saw the dangers and the fun. The need to take proper instruction was clearly noted and the use of the right equipment and most important the need to be stupid out there.
All in all it was not a negative report. “At least for the New Times that is”

I’m still a newbie and am looking forward to this season but now I’m concerned with the possible added traffic due to that article. You know like in surfing’s “pre-Gidget and post-Gidget eras. I hope to get my full instruction and gear so I can really take advantage of the winds this season.

I do have to point out that this website should be required reading for anyone wanting to start. FKSA has been and will still be a learning tool for me.
Thanks for your input. Talking with some of the folks that were interviewed, it sounds like there comments were printed out of context in some cases. The writer was working on a "sensation" tabloid piece with factual content apparently of low importance.

It remains to be seen what damage may arise from the article to access. I don't know if the expulsion at 87 St. is related or not. I have yet to be able to speak with folks in Crandon Park management regarding their take on things.

Thanks for your support. The FKA is about sustainable responsible kiteboarding and maintained access. Hopefully, this will blow over.

IF not, would Miami-Dade riders like to organize to work a bit harder at maintaining access?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi