View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible View Post
If you can pick up an 07 waroo bar for that kite you won't regret it. I think it's the best bar out right now... even Scott, noted best BASHER, who doesn't own a single best kite or board, uses an 07 waroo bar. That says a lot, trust me! LOL
Just to be clear here, I definitely was vocal about BEST's claims of riding POWERED in 6 knots. I still have a 300 dollar "if you ride upwind in 5 knots" bet going.

But I am not a Best "brand" basher. I was definitely a vocal basher of the Hellfish's lightwind claims and how BEST tied up the market for awhile with all their hype. Not a fan of Gumball's tactics (back then).
But, I haven't said a negative thing about Best in 2 years or more. Gumball seems to have shut up, etc.
I never had a problem with anything they actually put out to market, it was the unsubstantiated claims that pissed me off.

I just don't want anyone thinking I bash Best, because I happen to do the opposite. I just recommend two Waroos to my boss, as a matter of fact. I really shouldn't be on here (during work) but I had to address this.

Also, as soon as I rode a waroo (Eric got the first one) I supported it. I happen to own RRD, but that kite is NOT a beginner's kite. The Ozone helps to have C kite experience, as well.

I have and will bash unrealistic claims though (likeriding powered and jumping in 6 knots). I still can't believe some people thought that was (or ever will be) possible.

After having said that, the new waroo bar is awesome on 4 line hybrids, imo.