View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I started working on this yesterday afternoon, shark closeups. By strange coincidence Anthony Serich had his own unfortunate closeup shark experience off Riveira Beach yesterday. I wish him the best in recovery. http://fksa.org/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=10635

Anyway, on to the the caribbean reef sharks:

I think these may all be females, males are less common anyway. You can see the male love bites on two of these, tough love! Also, the heartbreak of remoras strikes again. You should see these shark suckers in the Red Sea, talk about piling on.

Here is a video of a single scooter free diving drop on the same trip off Port Lucaya, GBI at the Pygmy Caves. There were a few sharks in the area. I was curious to see how they would react to the noise, electric field, etc. of the scooter. They largely seemed to ignore it unless I turned away from them or came too close. They would turn and follow if I steered away and would try to evade if I came in too close.

By the way, don't attempt scooter free diving without proper training and skill development. Otherwise it is a pretty easy way to get killed.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 04-27-2011 at 08:30 AM.