View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 PM

I met with some of the faculty and the principal yeasterday,and they are very excited to have us at their event! It is to highlight the students projects and achievements of the current school year with staff,volunteers, program directors, students, and families. If you want to check out the school, their website is http://www.mb-ms.pinellas.k12.fl.us/
They estimate 600+ people, and there will be a variety of vendors, businesses, and sponsors there, including several surf shops. As I understand it,the "vendors" will not be selling anything. We will probably not have use of the dock because a Coast Guard cutter will be docked there, but there is a small parking and beach area by the bridge for anyone who wants to check it out and stay out of the crowds.
Our wakeboarding demo is at 6:45 PM, we should be on the water from about 6:00-7:30.
I am sorry to report that Adam Bomb tore his bicep in a Wakeboarding competition this weekend, so he will not be able to ride. He is sending a friend in his place, who is also a great wakeboarder. Adam's injury sounded pretty serious,and it looks like he will be out of commission for a while, let's all wish him a speedy recovery!
Heal fast my brother!!!

Some members are also attending an event at Lake Seminole this Saturday May 10 for disabled water-skiers. I will have more info on this event Thursday night. If anyone wants to come check it out with us, give me a call.
Steve (813) 389-3683