Thread: Lets Race!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Here we go....it's race time. With a little luck we will see some good NNE winds in the am. It will probably switch over to NNW by the afternoon. We have seen this pattern a bunch this year.

I will be there early tomorrow to offer any advice regarding self rescue. Everyone should be completely clear on how they would flag their kite and then perform a self rescue. Safetly leashes should be connected to flag points at all times. I will be in a green rodeo with Watersports West on the back.

I brought some goodies with me if anyone is interested. I have whistles, heel straps, and a handfull of reel leashes for sale. I also brought windsurf uphaul lines that would make a good board leash in the event you have to self rescue. I am not recommended these be attached while riding, but it might be nice to have something to attach to the board if your in the water performing a self rescue. I was the self rescue king last year and was sure glad my board was something I didn't need to keep track of while winding up my lines and flying the kite in by hand.

I think my favorite piece of equipment on the race course last year was the heel strap.....what a difference that made......I never lost my board off of my feet and the gulf was a mess.

Should be a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!