View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
E-Bone

The evening session at the Skyway went off. I came over the Skyway and the whole bay was capping and the Element was blowing around like a blimp in a windstorm. It was nuking and I rigged a 9m Ion and rode a 118 cm board.

The highlight, naturally, was Billy and Jayson throwing down HUGE moves and blowing everyone's minds. Trent, Bryan, Tom, Bruce, Grundy, Guru, Zack, and others were out with me enjoying the conditions. A sizable portion of my brothas and sistas in the Sarasota crew showed up--several were on the water, including Drew and Hazmatt, when I arrived at 5:00 p.m. or so.

Cars were wall to wall. I saw some kookiness. It looked like one dude got yarded into a van by a kite way too big for conditions, and another guy was trying to self-launch a too-big kite in 25-30 without the skillz to cash the check. For the most part, however, it appeared that people were staying off of the water after the wind went from 12m to 9m.

On the bright side, a lot of people saw the van incident and probably learned a lesson and the dude involved appeared to be okay. As far as the other guy, I saw him starting to launch and pointed him out to others as being as potential hazard to himself and everyone else. Right away, he was in trouble. Several core kiters went to him and got him to land before he got into orthopedic trouble. So maybe we can do it with self-regulation.

Billy did a double handle pass move and Jayson got a double kite loop tonight. Sick.