View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Can't Re-member

Default Agree 100%

Scott wrote
Quote:
There are definitely more surfers, it's a pretty obvious no brainer.
Just looking at how many surf shops and how much business they get will tell you that. They may not ride every day, but it's not even close.

Skills testing etc. is a waste of time in terms of this particular problem.
Let's get real. Do you this is being done by noobs that couldn't pass a skills test? I am totally lost as to how kiting skills relate to common sense and courtesy anyway? There is no connection.
I don't make these comments as an attack on you Toby, but they are made as opinions directly against yours. The only system that would ever work is for everyone to put a HUGE number on all their kites so that other people, including cops, could note which riders were continually doing the same actions. It's pretty much always the same people. Good luck with that one. I don't want to waste a perfectly good kite with a stupid number stencil, although I would.
It doesn't matter in the end, this is useless forum chatter, truly useless.

Yesterday was only one day. I have seen plenty of days where 20 guys (all at once or at different times in smaller groups) screamed down the coastline for 15 miles, the whole way coming close to shore doing tricks very close (you were there and one day Toby). As a community, complaining on the forum but just watching the days it happens is like talking about a fire that burnt down your neighbor's house the day before while you sat and watched.
The big difference here is that your neighbor didn't care at the time and the whole neighborhood didn't care either, as they were roasting twinkies on the house's flames. That's how it feels around here and the major frustration (and why I gave up totally) on trying to stop it.

Majority rules, and the majority has been saying for quite some time (not just yesterday)--- "Burn baby burn. Let's just burn this house down".
I personally can't relate to knowing burning down your house (of riding), but it's impossible to stop it when so many seemed dedicated to the cause.

This was a useless forum rant.
Totally agree

skills testing
signs
tags
talking
forums

none of these will work apparently. nothing will change the people that refuse to listen to common sense

like the song says "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change"