View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Kiters should pass on the downwind side of surfers or well to windward with kite high, not threatening to closeline them. I would make sure there are no surfers ideally within a couple of line lengths downwind when jumping. Some of those jumps really get stretched out particularly on flat kites. I was amazed at how far downwind I went in a session today. Landing jumps near surfers or bathers is idiotic in the extreme and inexcusable. Always look around before you launch a jump. I would not ride routinely through the lineup either. People who do it are offering up their life's earnings and more as potential compensation to the avoidably injured parties. Believe it.

Who has greater numbers, surfers or kiteboarders and who has been around longer? Taking on surfers is also stupid in the extreme and highly unnecessary. We have vastly greater mobility and riding options. Crowding surfers is not smart or advisable and will likely lead to trouble.

Talk to the problem kiters, if they persist get some good video and put it up letting the clip do the talking. Kent might even give you some swag.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-19-2008 at 09:36 PM.