View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Actually, my main curiosity was related to your (and anyone else's) take on the response of BP and the government in the LA region. I was curious if others felt the response seemed underwhelming.

Also, I said I was surprised by the lack of media coverage regarding bioremediation. When I say "media", I mean MSM. Your google results show a lack of representation on the topic in the MSM.

Don't worry Rick, I don't fall for speeches from companies about quick cure-alls.

If you are curious, I am not a believer in using "engineered" microbes for bioremediation. I am a believer that "fully qualified" microbes exist in the natural environment "for free" and will thrive in areas that hydrocarbons are deposited. I do feel however that soil analysis and use of fertilizers in an area may help to speed the process and it might prove useful to try this in at least one area. If it proves to speed up recovery, expand the use of the fertilizers. It's one idea (among thousands) that I hope are being discussed and genuinely considered. This situation provides a rare opportunity to try several approaches in different areas, assess the outcomes of each approach, and actually learn something.

Anyway, I hope this all turns out eventually. It's difficult to have faith in this, given the current state of affairs.
Obviously many of us are just beyond pissed at this point.

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 06-04-2010 at 11:20 AM.