View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetesal View Post
What reason did the driver give you for not letting you on? My ribs are still hurt, will be down for a couple more weeks.

The really messed up part of the story is this:
When the bus stopped the driver looked at me like I was a Martian or something. I paid the meter and sat down with my gear. The driver goes about 5 stops and then says to me, something like "I'm not sure you can ride the bus with that stuff" and then he asks me to get off. I explained I had just taken the bus with my gear earlier THAT SAME DAY, and that I have probably done it 50 times before. But I did not want to cause a huge scene and got off. I asked him for my money back, but he gave me a "transfer ticket" which is pretty useless because it expires in 6 hrs...wtf?????

The happy ending to this: I went to the next bus stop and while sitting there waiting, some guy just pulls over out of the blue and asks if I need a lift. Turns out he is a long board paddler and gave me a ride all the way back from Reddington to PAG. That was nice!

I am thinking of making a board sock out of some very thin material that can be rolled up and stuffed into my rash guard. If they don't see a "surfboard" maybe they will be too confused to start asking questions and imposing there illogical reasoning to the situation. I'll tell him it's an art project or something.

95% of the drivers are cool and friendly, but a few of them are just grumps I guess. I wonder if there are any written regs of what you can take on the bus. It would be cool if they had a rack, like they do for bikes. Maybe something can be developed along those lines? I'll have to look at their bike rack to see what might work.

Otherwise if the trolley system becomes untenable for us down wind junkies that would be a real shame.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas