View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 10:25 AM
tomstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
\
And Bob, I said that Best kites are great now. But if you have ever flown any of the older ones, they are definitely not made as soundly as some of the more expensive ones from a few years back. Do you really think that all things are equal and some kite companies are just greedy? Just feel the fabric of an older Best vs. an older Cabby or SS or Flexi. There is a definite difference. They were good for what they were, value buys.
Thats interesting toby considering how many bladder failures and torn leading edges you had with those kites.

I have never had a seam fail on my best kites. I have 6 of them and have had only ONE bladder leak from when I self landed on an oyster.

Don't buy into that hype. It's B.S.

My friend has a REAL EXPENSIVE brand new North kite which has blown LEADING EDGE AND ALL STRUTS 2-3 TIMES in the past 6 months. That kite was far more expensive than any of my best kites and we are planning to burn it as not to put anyone else through that grief.... I am not kidding.

Meanwhile I have been flying all of my best kites, one of them from 2004, for the past year and a half... and when I started I rode those kites every single time it blew, even if it was twice a day, morning and afternoon. Now out of 6 kites I should expect some sort of failure due to that cheap fabric right? A blowout? A tear?

No leaks, no tears, no nuthin. How many best kites do you own Toby?

A toyota will run longer and more trouble free than many more expensive cars with nicer rims and better bodywork... there is a lot to be said for simplicity...

Sounds you me like you are just sore about taking a big loss on the C kites. Arent we all!