Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Beef..
not to dismiss what you are saying in any way but that topic o' conversation gets a lot of time on our local boards and its overwhelming obvious that it is needed and would be received well.. but rarely gets done when on the beach.

i myself admit fully to seeing stuff happen at the launches and not do a damn thing about it and then complain on the forum. its a very nasty habit that i hope i never do again but make no promises.

there are so many layers to this conversation .. but the fact is that most of the riders that would tell someone to put down their kites are probably out there riding themselves...with the turtles.

this is def. not always the case, but just one of the layers of problem.

this sport is very easy to do and it also packs a wallop when shit goes sour. thats a receipe for doom.

i know our core group of local instructors have got their stuff together.. they teach safety and responsibility... i dont think there is much more anyone can do without some serious rules and restrictions.

again.. not trying to put your comments down.. its just too often a "someone should have..." situation.

my pledge to my fellow riders is to do my best to step in when i see any behavior that is questionable. its the best i can do and i hope others that dont do this already will do the same...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa