View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks again Rick. I have a few more questions..

Do I need to worry about the tides in and around LW area? How do I best understand the risks, if any, associated with rip tides? You see, we don't have strong rip currents in my local lakes so I don't have to worry about those risks here.

Those links from your downwinders are amazing. I will defnitely consider them in my plans. How long are these downwinders typically? And if I only had to pick one downwinder (I'm travelling with family so any epic sessions will have to be limited to keep everyone happy), which area/stretch would you recommend?

Btw, if I make my way to the Keys for a few days, should I bother with taxi-ing or are there enough driveable/walkeable flatwater areas there?

Now something kiting unrelated, what's the best area to experience good snorkelling near LW? Right now, I'm thinking of heading somewhere down in the Keys but this knowledge is unfounded so far (haven't done the research yet).

How about good spots for seakayaking and SUP? For seakayaking, we'd prefer finding a spot without any real swells, and ideally pair this activity up with snorkelling. Another plan is to kayak to a flatwater spot with my wife, she snorkels while I session for an hr or two, then paddle back.

Sorry for all the questions. I really appreciate the help so far.