View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 01:55 PM

<jason,I truly believe "kitenight" would indeed work if everyone goes and if we go to accomplish the task at hand. The kitemasters party, was indeed a party. I am pretty sure everyone would be in favor of going out and seeing all their buddies from the local spots and talk about a way to preserve our area.

Tom, to be honest, wherever these newbies are looking to get inspiration it can't be at me, especially at the beaches. I rarely ride in the gulf, and you'd be hard pressed finding me out there when there is anyone(bystanders) in the water. I don't do it. I know i ride up to the beach everytime on my tack in, so if there is anyone in the water i am way up wind or way down wind of them. If there are people where i am riding i will ride outside of the swim area upwind of them.

it seems as if everyone thinks that the vets should step up, but what are we being asked to do? I throw all my tricks off shore. I ride courteously on the water, giving right of way to anyone. I can safely say that most of the people who have been pushing the envelope around here for a while are all pretty safe riders. I think the main problem is newbies not knowing what they are doing wrong. The instructors do their part teaching and educating these people how to ride, now we should be the ones teaching them specifics about our locations. Im not saying it is our responsibility, but we have to do it if we want access too our beaches.

basically i think we should organize a rider held rider organized event at hopefully WSW, and get a large portion of the kiting community out there to figure out some specifics. to give up and tell everyone to prepare to lose their beaches is ridiculous.