Thread: Wind on Sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Brian,

You know the quality of the flats area behind East Beach. It is pretty sick. Well on a NNE that launch on the backside of the Skyway wouldn't work. Hence yesterday's winds being NNE, then North, then NNW.....well you can see why some might choose to use the backside on a day like yesterday.

I am definately not trying to tell anyone what to do, but just offering some advice. The gust and unpredictability of the wind over the mangroves is nasty and definately increases risks of problems.

On that note, even when it is blowin NE, or E....I still prefer East Beach over anywhere else as so many others. With that being said, the backside is still so much better than the frontside as far as riding quality....IMO. Friday had a ton of kiters on the frontside and was honestly not much room to ride.

I think guys and girls like myself are just exploring other options of more open locations to ride.

I think all of this has been very healthy discussion about a spot that I see being used more and more. Many use the Skyway area due to convenience, well the same goes true for East Beach....it's just closer for some.