Thread: Friday Riding?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Skyway Scott

I just got back from Sand Key. It was pretty good all day until about 2:30 when it died off. I got out there this morning pretty much right off the bat.

Donna and Lori were asked to stop kiting today after a short break when they went to put their kites back up. When asked to stop, they talked to the "guy" some and he reconsidered and said we could ride there today, but that he thought we weren't allowed in there. I don't even know the rules in there, and obviously neither did he, is what it came down to. So, he let us ride and about 5 others that showed up as the day progressed without question. I won't be surprised if they decide to not let us ride in there in the future, whether and actual rule exists stating kiting is not allowed, or not. Who knows.
I am not really sure who the "head" rule enforcer is out there, otherwise I would talk with them.
The park seems to have beach cops, park rangers, condo security and life guards, all with different understandings of what the rules are. Who knows (?).