View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM

The trainer kite is one of those things that you don't know if it helped until you get in the lessons. I definately see a big difference from students with trainer kite experience versus those without. Yeah they cost some coin, but I think it minimizes the time you spend on private instruction because you have better control of the kite and understanding.

The wakeboard background will be extremely helpful. I wouldn't be surprised if your going upwind in a 3 hour lesson. Make sure to work riding switch as that will come in handy kiteboarding. Some wakeboarding ignore this in their riding.

Lastly, training your brain is the most important training you will do. As stated, we have a ton of great instructors in the area, however, I would highly recommend taking our safety course at Watersports West. 3 hour class for $75 will be some of the best money you could spend. I wish more schools would follow this format of training the mind first then hitting the water. Keeping safe, others safe, and preserving the sport is what were all about.

Good luck,
Steve-O
Watersports West