View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM

Default New International Signal Needed!

A few weeks ago some of my hardcore wind chasing buddies and I drove all the way to Whale Harbor for an NUKING 15-18 day. (Well worth it) Anyway, as a long road trip warrants, I slammed several beers on the way down. Also consumed a delicious 7-eleven burrito along with some other healthy chips, slim jims etc. Whilst kiting it became very necessary for me to do a dreaded "Brown Winder". If you have never launched from that 40 sq. ft. area where there were no less than 40 kites piled on top of each other, then you may not know what its like. But believe me when I say that you can't just fly up there and land when you want. As you know the shallow and crystal clear water made it a bit uncomfortable for me to perform my brown winder. Perhaps riders thought I was in distress because my kite was parked at 12:00 or maybe I just look like a cool guy who they want to chat with, but what ever the reason other kiters were going waaaay out of there way to come up on me. Quite the distraction. Unable to complete my thundering brown winder, my kite session became a bit unenjoyable.
I travel a lot to kite and its mostly to third world islands. Needless to say there are difficulties with drinking water, food quality (including hot peppers) and I am generally drinking mass quantities of hopped beverages between kite sessions. It is usually impossible to find decent restroom facilities if any at all so the "brown winder" is generally performed a couple of times a day. Here is my proposal: The left had placed on harness with elbow curtly pointed away from the body forming a triangle (the international YIELD sign) that can be seen by fellow riders. If someone is giving the signal that means
stay the hell away!!! For crying out loud let me have a few minutes to compose myself. Any other suggestions appreciated but beware if you ride with me and you see that signal-I'm busy!