Thread: At east beach
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 07:37 PM

There are 2 ways to stop getting texts from WINDY. You can subscribe and unsubscribe on the web, or by your phone.

1. If you no longer wish to receive alerts and updates, you may unsubscribe from it by sending a text to 41411 with the keyword UNSUBSCRIBE followed by the keyword. (e.g. "unsubscribe windy"). Useful when you are not at home in front of a computer.

To "Turn back ON", send a text message to 41411 with the keyword "SUBSCRIBE" followed by the TextMark keyword (e.g. "subscribe windy").

2. Via computer. Log into the website and choose UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE.

Other useful tips found here. http://www.textmarks.com/info/help/

------------

One things I noticed by accident. You can see all the updates to windy on the website without being logged in. Nice to look at without getting a zillion texts.

However, the timestamp of the post when you are not logged in is a 3 hour difference. Must be a california thing.

I.E. A post made at 5pm eastern will display 2pm if you are NOT logged in. Log in, then the correct timestamp is displayed. Wanted to share that in case some people noticed and go, "That report was 3 hours ago, that's no good to me now!"

Try it.

Last edited by jetpack; 09-24-2009 at 08:50 PM.