View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM

Look for a used 19m Speed 2 even a 17m or 15m would still be better than anything that needs a pump. There is just no comparison IMO. My 17 contra will never see the light of day again. I bought my 19m for less than half price. I have had a lot of sessions this summer. This kite makes the summer fun here in the Bay area. 8 to 9 kts and you are mowing the lawn staying up wind with out working the kite. 10 kts and you are mowing the lawn with jumping kiteloop tansitions at both ends of the lawn. Heck I mowed all the way around 3 rooker then the entire area between 3 rooker and Hurricane pass last Monday. Surfing the baby swells with light wind can be very entertaining.

With time on the kite you will find out where the name comes from. On the glide or my surfboard it has become fairly easy to work the angles and get the apparent wind cranking making headway around double the wind speed it takes several hundred yards to get it all to come together but once it is cranked up it's pretty wild looking, to see this thing comming down the coast at warp 8 with no whitecaps on the water just the spray off the board.