View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 11:19 AM

ive had my waroo 12m invert twice.. once on the very first day on a failed self land where i gave way too much depower and didnt land it correctly.. it inverted and flew fine inside out and i landed it.

second was when it fell on a shore break, tumbled and inverted and relaunched (think Danny was there for this one..) it flew inverted and then POW.. it righted itself and that was that.

Flying a bow/hybrid takes getting used to .. i never use full depower unless i am in a bind and coming in to switch kites. i dont ride my kites to their far upper ranges (thats why i have a nubmer of waroos).. i know that once you push the kites limits it can invert easier.

Toby, i am sure that if you ride your TD more you will see the possibilities of inverting decline drastically in a session or two. It does take getting used to and should be done in moderate winds and in good conditions..
that day you were flying a 16 in its upper range ( Dan was flying the 16m waroo and was flying nearly full depower).. and it was on-shore winds... and just a bit hectic down by the beach area.

Again.. all a matter of preference.

I am 100% bow/hybrid lover but will keep an open mind for what might be around the corner.

I know that Dimitri has his new Eclipse kites that he is claiming is more C like than any of the other hybrids and claims incredible depower... remains to be seen of course.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa