View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 10:51 AM

Chris, didn't you get the chance to ride Amber's 8M GK Sonic that day at the Skyway while you were helping her a few months back? Maybe she had the ION up but I could have sworn she had the GK that day...

EBone, we're talking about kites here, not sex. I think you may have too much backside on the brain. And I fully agree with you and Jay, STAY UPWIND of newbies on flat kites on a windy day (or on ANY kites for that matter...).

As for the debate, I hope they never stop making larger C's or I am screwed!!! And I fully expect them to stay around. As for learning, yeah they are easier to learn on but in a single 1/2 hour of riding a bow, I had it invert on me twice then try to relaunch and fly backward. Those things are EVERY BIT as dangerous as C kites, they are just easier to learn on. When I throw my C bar, the kite FULLY depowers 99% of the time. I haven't always had that same experience with the bows but maybe I just had a bad couple of sessions, who knows? Yeah, you have to edge more power out of a C but that just makes you better in the long run in my opinion.

And Roy, are you claiming that I am an "Advanced" rider? I am a C rider and I am DEFINITELY not an advanced rider...thanks for the compliment though... :lol: