Thread: aggression guys
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Skyway Scott

Just my opinion, the Super Phatty rocks, but.... at your size, get the Barn Door (if buying an Aggression) and light wind riding is your goal.
It is definitely going to make a difference in low wind ability and upwind ablility, and, it will still "feel" small. You will be able to hold on to it easily up to 17 knots. (Try that on a Glide)

It is very light and "feels" much smaller than it is. I recently "gave" Donna my SP and traded up to a BD for myself. Pointing upwind (actually pointing is easy... it is the staying upwind) over here is a real b$%^ at times with the current, so it made a difference. I think at your size, the BD is the ticket. For 160 and less, the SP is fine if in areas with no current, is the conclusion I came to.
BTW, we sell the BD as fast as they come in.

I am assuming as I write this that "low end" is truly one of your goals. Here in FL in the summer, we often milk some pretty sad s$%t for wind. :x

If you have "reasonable" wind, the SP is simply awesome. If travelling, I assume you would go somewhere with 13+ ? :P