Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Still more going up at:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/vin...stories-4.html

including ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooGasMan View Post
In lower michigan we had a lake cottage, in 76' I was there in the winter, out playing hockey. At this time Ice was froze thick in most areas, I shoveld my rink and flooded it at knight and had a great rink. The trick was to flood it quickly, So I got big plastic barrels from the pepsi plant, they were the only place you could find them back then, and were filled with caffine. A neighbor on the lake worked there. Any ways you fillled in the corners, and dumped at same time to get an even thick coat.

Shootin the puck from one end to the other in the net, is what I was doin one morning. there are Ice shanty's all over and vehicles, out Ice fishing and you would park at the shanty. I noticed alot of trucks and then a wrecker showed up. I hopped on my sled and shot across the lake to see what was up, the shanty was floating in broken Ice, in the middle there is not much snow as the wind blows it off, you can see the ice was thin. Every one had less a view than I, for I had my skates on and keeped circling it, I have had tons of experience of thin Ice getting the puck next to the waters edge as the lake was freezing.

I ended up skating around the shanty with a rope and then hooked to wrecker and pulled it out, It was destroyed. There was bubbles still coming up through the broken Ice hole,

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi