View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Default Let's make it happen

It's as simple as making it happen and being constructive. There have been some very good points brought up in this thread. I think that sometimes it takes a little bit for peoples nerves to calm down and finally some headway is actually made.

This discussion is good, but we need action and some 'rules' in writing. Beach season is upon us with the first day of spring this Saturday. Let's be proactive and get some things finalized on some sort of 'master list' (riding inside buoys, close to beaches, ect....) so we can start to self police ourselves and completely avoid even coming close to a ban ANYWHERE!

I have kited in many places around the state and elsewhere. Tampa Bay has some of the most beautiful beaches, butter flats, and decent wave sections (let's not kid ourselves with our ankle snappers ) of any city around. Not too many places you can drive your car right up to and get some of the launches we have! I have kited this area for 4 years and there are guys who have been here long before me. With our local kiting population growing rapidly every season, it is more important than ever to get this nailed down. I think we do a decent job keeping it clean, but let's be even more proactive to preserve our great riding areas.

It has happened on the other coast, but it won't happen here. If we grab this thing by the balls, hold one side of the bar, and F-16 this F*%$ING thing we can get it done! Ok, getting a little carried away, but you get the point.

Feel free to elaborate and throw some concrete ideas around.