View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Great To Hear Chris Is Going To Be Ok...for Chris' Mom, I Have Some Positive Advice...
For Any Of You Who, Like Myself, May Be New To The Sport Or You Are Looking For Info In The Tb Area...as I Am A 43 Yo, Male:
1] I Initially Researched The Sport, Gear, Difficulty & safetyconcerns Via Internet.
2] I Visited A Kite Boarding Shop (watersports West) And Talked Extensively About Whether Or Not I Was A Candidate For The Sport.
3] I Signed Up For The Introductory Class Taught By Steve-0, During Which He Stressed Safety, Safety, Safety & Of Course, Safety. I Would Highly Recommend This Class To Anyone Remotely Interested In The Sport And if Any Of You Media Folks Happen To Be Truly Interested In The Safety Of The Sport, Give Watersports West A Call And Sign Up For This Class. It Will Be More Than Worth Your While...as You Will See How A Certified Insrtuctor Prepares His Students!!!
4] As Advised During The Class, I Have Purchased A Trainer Kite And I Am Well Into My Minimally Recommended Preliminary 20 Hrs.
this Has Been The Most Difficult Process, As I Am Anxiously Awaiting My First Lesson. Hurry Up Steve-o!!!

I Believe That Having The Safety Guidlines Engrained In My Skull, Rather Than Some Asphalt, Will Help Prevent Any Avoidable Disaster Due To Lack Of Knowledge.

Maybe One Of You Instructors, As An Ambassador Of The Sport, Might Be Willing To Give Chris A Free Local Lesson, As A Result Of His Hardship. I Would Be Willing To Contribute To The Cause, If Someone Stepped Up With The Certification!!!

Again, For Chris And Family--may God Bless You And Keep You In His Care!