View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:51 PM

I rode lassing solo one day last week in solid 15 to 17 conditions for 2 hours...

Ive also been part of a 30+ kite invasion at EB ..

Ive had crappy times with 5 kiters out on the water and amazing times with 25 kiters..

we are DAMN lucky to have the choices we've got. always a few launches to choose from no matter what the conditions. When I was in Jupiter 2 weeks ago I saw the limited choices those riders have. they have ONE standard launch area .. other areas along the beach are widely frowned upon. Their launch area is TINY compared to something like EB. Maybe a bit larger than the launch at skyway.. not much larger.. but with massive shore break..

we've got it good.

keep it secret.

ya ya ya.. EB is the best place in the right conditions, but there are other places that are nearly as great and it aint too hard to get your ass upwind or downwind to create the distance you need.

but as josh said, the thing I miss most from last year is that most everyone on the beach was a familiar face. new rider would show up and most would watch with caution as they launched to ensure they knew what they were doing .. made it much easier to keep an eye out of for your fellow riders..
these days i feel lucky to know one of two people out there and I have no idea who should be avoided so i try to avoid everyone (best practice i believe)..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa