View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Bill,

Thanks for posting the great account! I almost feel like I was there, again. Good stuff. Also, great time for your run!

Yes, I think a bow kite would serve you well under those sort of conditions between the gusts and the sudden waves it helps to easily dump and build power more readily. When those big gusts come you just sheet out or maybe get ripped off the crest of a wave or maybe you would still wipeout. It's all good, unless of course it isn't.

You might want to do a road trip up the coast to Delray when the waves are on. It can be a lot harder to get offshore than in Ft. Lauderdale which is better protected by a wider coastal shelf, an extra reef and the Bahamas to some degree. It is good practice for dealing with waves. I would avoid going up for easterly winds however it can sometimes be a little too tough, getting out while getting kneecapped by steep waves running near parallel to your heading.

What part of the trip sticks out most in your mind? Did you wear a wetsuit? What would you have done differently, if anything?

Kent and Bill got it started, how about some more rider input on this unique session? I've heard enough fragments in conversations, your stories should be told.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi