View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks to the folks at GoPro I just learned the locations of three other free falling camera video clips. The camera survived in
all the cases and continued to video.

See below:

This camera fell about 11,000 ft. in for an average speed of 72 mph not too far off the 70 mph calculated for the unhoused camera.

This camera fell about 3000 ft. to strike grass just missing a fence. This housed camera had an unusual flat spin to earth unlike
the "normal" tumbling plunge exhibited by the other cameras.

This camera fellow 1500 m or about 5000 ft. to plop into a lake. It stayed there for seven days and was eventually recovered. Not
only did it record the first part of the jump, it also captured some real curious fish.

Neil Hutchinson told me about a case of a ski divers helmet following off and hitting a roadway 13,000 ft. below while still shooting video. I have yet to able to find that clip. I suspect there have still be others.

This camera beats a Timex by a couple of miles (in free fall) in impact resistance!

oh, as an afterthought, here's a clip without parachutes, spinning landscape on angel dust or other dramatic violence. It is more of a
combination of Mad Max in the barren wastes of the outback meets zombie hula girls with power pasties, or something. PG-13 and
protect your eyes from the moving pointy bits.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 09-14-2012 at 03:49 PM.