View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetesal View Post
I just talked with the Safety director and they are still working on an outcome. Mike said most drives have no problem and that kiters are polite and have even waited for the next trolley when one is full or partial full. He said the only thing that may be a problem is the surfboard, like my NSP, which is 6ft. the twin tips do not seem to pose a problem. He did say some drivers my be sticklers and that is why they are trying to come up with a solid answer. He did ask that we not give them a hard time if one drive says no and one says yes, they will have an answer soon. He may take us up on bringing some gear to show what we carry on the trolley. I get the felling they will say yes, but will be a size limit, but twin tips and smaller directionals I think will be a go, JMO.
This is good to do some "discovery" on their concerns so that we have valid responses.

I think we really need to make a case for surfboards allowed - since IMO they are as safe (or more safe) than a twin-tip. Twin tips usually have harder edges, surfboards are lighter and have rounded edges. Personally I would MUCH rather be bashed by my surfboard than a twin tip. Aside from that, I wuold say many down-wind riders are now directional board riders. I forgot how to ride a twin-tip
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas