View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 AM

Default Kite Schoolin

Are the kite schools teaching at the beach ?

IF THEY ARE, I don't think there are any beaches in cocoa beach where there are not tourist and families sitting or walking that a safe amount of space exist for lessons.

A trainer kite without a harness ok. But no hooking tourist up to a kite that is capable of dragging them.

In fact I don't think it's appropriate that Ron Jons/Good Breeze should promote kiteboarding lessons as something fun to do while here on Vacation here from Kansas. "" Looking for something fun to do while on vacation? Are you in search of some adventure "" .....an exerp from there website.

Let's promote our sport with the same disiplines taught in scubadiving and skydiving. In fact neither sport puts bystanders at risk as much as kitesurfing. I'm thankful that there are local schools that can offer lessons so that people can receive proper instruction on kiting and most important to be taught first saftey.

....but Please let's keep it away from the innocent people on the beach!

As far as the reckless kiters on the beach, Please never feel afraid to pipe up and let someone know that you think there a kook for showing off. Of course diplomacy is key to effectively making your point, so don't call them a kook, but do call them out.

.... Stay away from people swimming and surfing when your kiting. Your coming at them fast and they get freaked. One of them may be the one that pulls the plug on the sport at my beach.