View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 AM

Just checked out the beach. It's about 12 to 13 knots on the ground.
Thing is, it's often more windy "up top" on these kinds of days, so maybe it won't suck. Plus, it might build (fingers crossed).

For those of you new to kiting, that's a big heads up (seriously) on these S to SSW winds, especially at EB (fact that it's windier up top).
I learned that from Jayson years ago, and he was/is right.
At EB, we are semi-blocked from SSW due to the mangroves, and more wind is up top. So, for newer riders, please rig your kite after you ask a vet what size they think is right on S to SSW days. Take their advice. So many times at EB it seems like it's 15, but its 20 plus out on water and I see people rigging way too big, just to come back in after getting blown off. Fairly confident that is not the case today. But good time to mention it. Also saying it might be 15 (that'd be nice) up where the kite is, and not just 12. So it might not totally suck.

Thanks Matt. I sort of took myself off of here awhile ago, and also dropped the Skyway Scott nickname. That had a purpose when their were 4 Scotts riding aways back. I dropped the nickname 2 years ago when a guy came up to me and said "THE Skyway Scott?" when he met me.
I remember thinking ..... "I must have really f'd up if a stranger thinks he knows me" I also started to resent sounding like a cartoon.

Anyway... thanks for the comment.