View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 AM

it can be.. i'd definitely go there at super low tide and take a look at the conditions..

i remember seeing a number of rocks and stuff near the beach lines between the two marker poles... i stay away from that area and ride in the main pool at the southern end or at the upper tip..

its been over a year since i rode there, so i dont know if the beach hazzards are still there.

what i do know is that there is a sandbar a couple hundred yards from the beach. a few years ago in some very gusty conditions i was out there on an 11m c kite and one of my feet came out of my pads.. i was trying to focus on getting it back in when i sent the kite too vertical and i got instantly lifted about 10 to 15 feet and came crashing down..

normally i would have taken a big plunge in the water and been ok..

well.. as my luck would have it.. i came down right on the sandbar in about 8 inches of water..i landed mostly on my feet and butt and got a super jolt from the impact. it really scared the hell out of me and hurt as much as not breaking something can.

i've never had that happen w/ a bow kite..

.... anyways.. back to the topic.. i'd suggest going out there a very low tide and surveying the scene..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa