View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 PM

i have been reading this and have to coment....ok, non bow kites, sle are basicly a c kite with a bridle, no swept trailing edge or contour, so yes they will get wraped and caught if you dont "pre flight check".....again pre flight check...not rush out...the stronger the wind the better the look you should take.....next waves in hard condtions wrap up kites, was just riding before waves way over head, crashed so did others, option one un hook if you are in big shit or have slack....number 2, after you crash, " try"to keep tension on the bar, the kite will stay taught because of the briddle....if you are being washed, un hook and get out.....all this is advanced stuff....you ride hard , you better know how to crash....c kite/ sle kite/bow /2 line what ever....Dave i saw one of you kites wrap hard in west palm in the waves....same as i have seen cabs slingshots..ect ....dont try to sell gear with people thinking your stuff will make them safer,..they need to think......people ride in condtions way over the head now, because the kites have a huge ranges, so know what to do before you go....Charlie has more to worrie about at shacks than the kite, that reef will kill you, he is good, but a good kite wont save a rider.....a smart rider will plan before the assault...

sorry for the rant, but i hate excuses, we all screw up.....just think about what you will atempt before you do it!

Aloha Paul