View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Dude, hit up Bayflite and see if he has any more Ocean Rodeo Mako 150's left in stock or on order. The board ROCKS for downwinders and was PERFECT during the test run two Sundays ago. It is a TT but has 18MM of concave and is very narrow with only 2 fins, one in the middle on each end of the board. The 150 Mako just plain kicks @$$ in waves and chop, I don't think I'll ever ride anything else when I am going for speed on a downwinder with plenty of wind. I also have the wakestyle Mako 134 but it just isn't quite as nice in the waves, is great in flat water and in chop though.

Just my opinion...

Now for an every day board there are plenty of options as Scott said. I ride a Skywalker 131 Dimitri Pro and a Skywalker Lightwind Dimitri Pro when in light wind. Yes, I am affiliated with Dimitri and Skywalker so take that for what it is worth but they are nice boards for the money and I don't have anything in stock so I have nothing to gain by recommending them.

You are more than welcome to demo any of my boards though before you decide what is right for you. I only posted this because I am 6'6" tall and 230-250 lbs depending on what the wind has been doing lately so I feel your pain when it comes to being a bigger guy and finding the right gear for you...but there are other big guys who like other gear, ask around and try before you buy my friend...